Competition is extremely intense at the app layer for Ethereum. SushiSwap has hit the scene to compete with Uniswap, one of the most popular decentralized exchanges on Ethereum.
SushiSwap offers some differences vs Uniswap, detailed below
- LP incentives: earn a governance token, SUSHI, in addition to fees. Uniswap currently does not have a governance token.
- Uniswap is 0.30% trade fee to LPs. SushiSwap is 0.25% to LPs and .05% converted to SUSHI and distributed to SUSHI holders.
- 10% of SUSHI distributions will be set aside for a developer fund. Uniswap currently does not have a developer fund and instead has venture capital funding.
The most important part is how SushiSwap is designed to allow for fast migration of liquidity and users from Uniswap on an accelerated timeline.
- Uniswap LP tokens can be staked in SushiSwap to start earning rewards.
- Every block 100 SUSHI will be created, equally distributed to stakers of each pool
- For the first 2 weeks, the amount of SUSHI tokens will be 10x, or 1,000 per block to incentivize migration.
- After the first 2 weeks, all Uniswap liquidity tokens staked on SushiSwap’s contracts will be redeemed for their corresponding token pairs on Uniswap and new pools on SushiSwap will be initialized using these underlying assets.
- The pools will be almost identic